Original art work from Staffordshire based Artist Roger Taylor.
Please contact me directly regarding sales, prices range from £50 - £600 - roger@eth3r.co.uk

Thursday, 24 December 2009

Poor Vincent

I was searching for a Van Gogh painting and found the following: http://www.overstockart.com/sebratas.html
(click for larger less distorted example on that page)
Here's the original: http://www.vangoghgallery.com/catalog/Painting/482/Seine-Bridge-at-Asnieres,-The.html
Why are people doing this. You know if I copyed the design of a Ferrari they'd hunt me down and kill me. And actually I heard that nearly happened to someone. I know Vincent isn't around any more to do this but I bet there's a few artists on there that are. I can't believe companies like this exist!

2 comments:

Rena said...

Agree. It's because he's dead and can't fight back. I think it is dishonest - if you have a print, that's fair enough because no-one is under any illusions about what it is. But this is almost pretending to be the original (because it's on canvas).

ro6er said...

I know and it's not even a good copy. The poor guy probably gave the original away any way.

Click here for more examples. Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Art Click here for more examples.